The Adult Class
Come for one week. Come for all the weeks! This class is easy to attend and invite friends to. The content and speakers change each week, but a classroom facilitator keeps things moving along smoothly. Check back to see the weekly topics and updated descriptions. When you find a favorite presenter, be sure to see when they are next scheduled to speak.
All classes run on the Family Nite schedule: Wednesdays, 6:30PM-8:30PM. However, all presentations will end by 8:15PM so that, if you have elementary kids attending Kids Club, you can collect them at 8:15PM when Kids Club ends.
Wednesday, December 11th is the LAST FAMILY NITE of 2019. We will start up again on January 8th, 2020. Mark your calendars!
Finding Your VoicePastor Mike Dunstan
- When Jesus spoke, people listened – whether talking to a crowd of 5000 or having a conversation with his closest friends. You know truths about the Bible and the world around us, but how do you effectively communicate all this to others? Come join the discussion and discover how, like Jesus, you can be influential in what you say and how you say it, whether motivating large groups, leading a smaller connect group, or sharing a cup of coffee with a friend.
God & GenocidePastor Ian Martin
- There are several disturbing Bible passages that appear to sanction ethnic cleansing in the Old Testament. Is this a contradiction of God’s character? How can we believe in a God that commands genocide? Come join this discussion about how those sections of Scripture should be interpreted.
NO FAMILY NITE
- Family Nite and all activities are off this week. Celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with people you love and we’ll see you next week!
Angels 101Pastor Jack Groblewski
- References to angels are sprinkled all throughout the old and new testaments, but who (or WHAT!) are they really about? Join us as Pastor Grubby unpacks everything you ever wanted to know about angles but were afraid to ask!
- Nothing is scheduled for this evening. Jump in the Hang Out Zone or contact Cara Saliby if you have a topic you’d like to teach: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NC4 Senior Pastor & Golf Enthusiast
Jack is the senior pastor of NC4 and has been since its founding in 1982. His passion is for teaching the word of God, which he has done all over the world. He holds a BA in English Communications from Kings College and a Master’s in Theology from Moravian Theological Seminary. Jack acquired the nickname “Grubby” as a boy based on the pronunciation of his last name. He is affectionately known as such by family, friends, and the majority of his acquaintances. Jack and his wife, Trish, have been married since 1971. They reside in Center Valley, PA and have four adult children and eleven grandchildren. Jack enjoys golf, reading, languages, and history.
NC4 Associate Pastor & Coffee Master
Ian is a passionate teacher, pizza and coffee lover, and musical artist with a love for language and cultural study. He was born in Bethlehem, PA, but raised as a missionary kid serving in Betel in Spain from the age of three and the UK from age eight. He holds degrees in Hispanic Studies (BA, UCL), History of Christianity (MA, University of Birmingham) and Audio Engineering (SAE, London) and records hip hop music under the name Neuma. Ian was married to his wife Celina in 2009. They reside in Emmaus, PA with their daughter, Epifania (Nia), who was born in Czech Republic in June 2018, and their beloved Hungarian Vizsla, Aston.
Teacher, Evangelist & Generally Fun Guy
Mike is a 37-year charter member of NC4, since its founding in 1982, and currently serves as an NC4 Care Deacon. He has a special passion and gift for sharing the gospel in its simplicity to individuals or groups – on the boardwalk, the beach, hospitals or anywhere God leads. Mike also has a deep love affair with God’s Word and has been actively teaching or sharing in Sunday School, home groups, or Sunday mornings as each opportunity presents itself. He is a US Marine Corps veteran, enlisting right out of high school. In 1982 Mike received Christ standing just outside the gates to the White House in a powerful conversion experience. He has been married for 35 years to his wife Sharon and has two grown sons, Chris and Michael Jr. In his free time he can be found walking in parks and nature trails or tucked away in a corner of a library. He is also a big Yankees and Eagles fan!
NC4 Associate Pastor & High School English Teacher
Mike Dunstan is an associate pastor at NC4. He and his wife Kendra live in Bethlehem with their two children Cade and Trinity. Mike has a background in youth ministry and was the youth pastor at NC4 for 14 years. He has a BS in Bible and BS in English Ed. from Cairn University and a Masters of Education from Wilkes University. Mike teaches English at Freedom High School and has been in the Bethlehem Area School District for 18 years. Mike and Kendra are passionate to see a vibrant family life across the Body of Christ and have hearts for engaging and expanding the Kingdom of God in everyday culture.