Welcome to Church
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, we want to help you live out the abundant life Jesus promises when we’re deeply connected to God, each other and our communities. Gathering together for corporate worship, prayer and teaching, getting together in small groups, as well as outreach to serve the needs of our community are all vital to our health and growth. So if you join us, you know what to expect because we’ll be doing these things together! That’s what we mean by The Power of a Connected Life.
Numbers 10:29 – “…come with us and we will do you good…”
What to Expect at a Sunday Service
Our services are approximately 90 minutes. We desire to be welcoming and trust the Holy Spirit to draw people to Him. As a body of believers, we strive to reflect the attitude and love of Christ in our lives. We recognize that it is only by God’s grace that we can know and live for him, and we gratefully embrace the gift of the Holy Spirit within us who empowers us to live out our commitment to both the Lord and each other.
Wondering what to wear? NC4 started in the living rooms of homes throughout the Lehigh Valley. You’ll notice that casual, more relaxed atmosphere is still a part of our culture. You’ll see some who like to get more dressed up and others who don’t. Wear what’s comfortable for you, and you’ll fit right in.
- Our children’s Sunday school program, NC4 Kids, from 6 months through High School, is designed to help them grow and develop their faith.
- Children are checked in for Sunday school using our electronic systems on the upstairs balcony either before service or during the mid-service break (prior to the message). Find out more here.
- Want to save time and help out the teachers? You can register your kids for Sunday school in advance and let us know age/grade, emergency contact info, & any special concerns like allergies by using this FORM
We believe when God’s people come together, we should be expressing our relationship to the God who saved us. That expression takes different forms: some people raise their hands, some might even dance, others might be more reserved.
- 9:30 – 10am: Is our pre-service worship; a calmer set list to help prepare our hearts and minds, as people come in and get settled.
- 10 – 10:30am: Our time of praise and worship; a mixed set-list that encourages us to actively participate in what the music is saying about God and who we are as His people.
- 10:15 – 10:45am: Our time of praise and worship; a mixed set-list that encourages us to actively participate in what the music is saying about God and who we are as His people.
The Power of a Connected Life!
OUR DNA - Our core values and identifying characteristics
The Authority of Scripture – sound, challenging biblical teaching
Engaging God – through dynamic worship & prayer
Charismatic – the gifts of the spirit are active and encouraged
A Family Church – strive to model the family of God as presented in scripture
Missions – relationship based for long-term impact
Respect for the liturgical calendar and the ancient practices of the church
MISSION & VISION
is what moves us, it’s why we exist: “to know Jesus and make him known”
It’s the real power of a connected life!
Vision is what drives our mission: We are a “Growing, Unifying and Resourcing” church
We grow in new believers, faith and influence
We unify cultures and denominations
We resource missionaries, community organizations and networks
Our theme for 2019: “Nurturing the Seeds of Growth!”
Three “breakthrough” initiatives for this year:
Connecting to Jesus:
Connecting to Each Other: Growing Leaders
Connecting to our Community: Growing Our Reach (NC4 Macungie)
NC4 Doctrinal Statement
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God
We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Ghost
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory
We believe for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, of them that are saved unto the resurrection of life, of them that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ