Hello Parents and Volunteers,
We’re continuing Unit 24 – THE REJECTION OF JESUS – through October 22nd. Watch a brief overview of Unit 24 here: https://youtu.be/JkaeWDVIpxE .
Our memory verse for this unit is: “He was despised and rejected by men, a man of suffering who knew what sickness was. He was like someone people turned away from; he was despised and we didn’t value him.” Isaiah 53:3 (CSB)
Last week (Oct 8, 2023), we started Unit 24 and learned that JESUS KNEW HE WOULD BE REJECTED by reading Luke 13.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Everyone is invited into the kingdom of God, but not everyone will enter. People are saved only by trusting in Jesus. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
This week (Oct 15, 2023), we will learn that JESUS RAISED LAZARUS by reading John 11-12.
- KEY PASSAGE: Isaiah 53:3
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: Why do people reject Jesus? People reject Jesus because all people are born with a sin nature and want to please themselves rather than obey God.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. He showed that He has power over death. Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead. Everyone who trusts in Jesus will live forever with Him.
See the featured IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss with your children.
Want to help your child learn the books of the Bible? These songs may be helpful!
- Old Testament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ZtWRSCH7E
- New Testament: https://youtu.be/BoLGbxzq49M?si=f-DcM6BNUjnBIMWS
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!
Kids & Youth Pastor