Hello Parents and Volunteers,
- Next weekend, May 28th, is our Memorial Day Picnic and Service in the park. We will be located at Macungie Memorial Park, with the service starting at 11 am and picnic following after.
We’re continuing Unit 19! Until June 4th, we will be learning about how Jesus was Prepared for Ministry.
Watch a 3 minute overview of Unit 19 here: https://youtu.be/sbUW5J3Vvw0
Last week (May 14, 2023) in Unit 19 Session 4, we learned that JESUS WAS TEMPTED by reading Matthew 4 and Luke 4.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Jesus was tempted, but He trusted God and never sinned. Jesus is perfect and righteous. A perfect sacrifice was required to take away sin. Jesus was that perfect sacrifice. He died on the cross to free us from sin and to give us the power to say no to temptation.
This week (May 21, 2023) in Unit 19 Session 5, we will learn that JESUS CALLED HIS DISCIPLES by reading John 1.
- KEY PASSAGE: “The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29 (ESV)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: What did Jesus do to save us? Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose from the dead.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Jesus, the Son of God and true King of Israel, came to earth to show what God is like and to save people from their sins. He called disciples to follow Him. We are Jesus’ disciples when we trust in Him. We can invite everyone to come and see the good news about Jesus.
See the featured IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!