Hello Parents and Volunteers,
- Macungie–Parents of PreK- grade 8 children, please be practicing the song AT HOME for the Easter choir. Children will be rehearsing on April 2nd during the first half of Sunday School, and will need to arrive early on April 9th.
- Join us for our 30 Days of Rest in the lobby of NC4 Bethlehem every day from 5:30-6:30 pm. Engage His presence with worship and prayer!
We’re starting Unit 18 this week!
Watch a 2 minute overview here: https://youtu.be/nGP1TYrx9BI
Last week (March 12, 2023) in Unit 17 Session 4, we learned that GOD CAN ALWAYS BE TRUSTED by reading Jeremiah 31.
- KEY PASSAGE: “Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.” Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: Can God be trusted? Yes, God cannot lie or ever be wrong, so we can trust whatever He has said.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God always keeps His promises. God chose to use King Cyrus in His plan to graciously deliver His people from exile. King Cyrus’ action to free the people reminds us of Jesus, whom God chose to rescue sinners and bring us to our true home in His kingdom of grace.
This week (March 19, 2023) in Unit 18 Session 1, we learn that ESTHER SAVED HER PEOPLE by reading parts of Esther.
- KEY PASSAGE: “Godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret.” 2 Corinthians 7:10 (CSB)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: How should we feel when we sin? When we sin, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to turn from our sin because we love Him.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God was in control over Haman’s evil plan to destroy the Jews. Like Haman, Satan wants to ruin God’s plan and destroy believers. Satan thought he had won when Jesus died on the cross, but God raised Jesus from the dead and defeated Satan once and for all. All who believe in Jesus are rescued from sin and death.
See the featured IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!