Hello Parents and Volunteers,
- The Misiak family visited last week and we learned more about their ministry and mission. Would you like to watch the Misiaks answer some of the kids’ questions? https://www.nc4.org/messages/ken-jessica-misiak-missionaries-in-africa-with-aim-air-romans-1013-15/ and go to minute marker 1:34:40 to watch!
- Are you looking for a faith-based summer camp opportunity for your child (children)? Check out these two options at the same location we have our Youth Retreat.
- For 2nd-6th graders: https://www.tuscarora.org/our-events/youth/junior-week
- For 7th-12th graders: https://www.tuscarora.org/our-events/youth/teen-week
We’re continuing Unit 20! For the rest of June, we will be learning about ENCOUNTERS WITH JESUS.
Our memory verse for this unit is: “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 (ESV)
Watch a 3 minute overview of Unit 20 here: https://youtu.be/r7qDl3fYeqQ
Last week (June 11, 2023) in Unit 20 Session 1, we learned that JESUS TOLD NICODEMUS ABOUT ETERNAL LIFE by reading John 3.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Nicodemus needed new life—eternal life—but he could not do anything to earn it. Eternal life is a gift that comes only from God. God showed His love in this way: He sent His one and only Son to save the world. Everyone who believes in Him will not perish but will have eternal life.
This week (June 18, 2023) in Unit 20 Session 2, we will learn that JESUS TOLD A WOMAN ABOUT LIVING WATER by reading John 4.
- KEY PASSAGE: “But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 (ESV)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: How do we know God loves us? We can know that God loves us because He gave us Jesus to forgive the sins of the world.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Jesus offers something better than physical water; He gives us Himself. Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to everyone who comes to Him by faith. We can worship Him as Lord and Savior wherever we are.
See the featured IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (email@example.com) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!