Hello Parents and Volunteers,
A Brief Thought from Pastor Elle:
This week, we see Daniel being brought before the king to interpret writing on the wall. But he’s brought in because he is remembered as being someone faithful to God in years past with a different king. It struck me and challenged me. How are we viewed by those around us who perhaps do not walk with the Lord? Are we remembered for our faithfulness and love of God?
- The Nursery at our Bethlehem Campus (for ages 6 months -2 years old) is currently open. It is located in Room #1 in the 1st Floor Hallway.
- The PreK class at Macungie Campus raised enough money to bless a family with a chicken through Compassion International!
See a brief overview of Unit 16 here: https://youtu.be/fUsZWv00YDU
Last week (January 29, 2023) in Unit 16 Session #2, we learned that DANIEL WAS FAITHFUL as we read parts of Daniel 1.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: Daniel was faithful to God, and God blessed him. In an even greater way, Jesus was always faithful to God. He came to earth and followed God’s plan to save sinners. Those who trust in Jesus receive God’s forgiveness and blessing.
This week (February 5, 2023) in Unit 16 Session #3, we learn that DANIEL SERVED GOD as we read parts of Daniel 5.
- KEY PASSAGE: “The Lord your God is among you, a might warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you in His love. He will delight in you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 (CSB)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: Where is God? God is in all places at all times and is always with His people.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God humbled the proud king of Babylon by taking away his kingdom. King Jesus willingly humbled Himself by dying on the cross for our sin. God raised up Jesus and gave Him honor forever. When we humble ourselves and trust in Jesus, God will raise us up to enjoy Jesus in His kingdom forever.
See the FEATURED IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (email@example.com) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!