Hello Parents and Volunteers,
- We have TWO Check In areas in the Bethlehem lobby- one for regular attenders and one for first time guests. We’re hoping this will speed up the check in process for all involved!
- Our Family Ice Skating event is coming up this Sunday, Feb 19th from 3:30-5:00 pm. We’ll have waivers you can pick up in the lobby! See more information on the WEBSITE.
- The Nursery at our Bethlehem Campus (for ages 6 months -2 years old) is currently open.
We’re starting Unit 17 this week!
Video Link: https://youtu.be/pBCC1rJ2-vc
Overview: God always keeps His promises. God chose to use King Cyrus in His plan to graciously deliver His people from exile. The people of God go back to Jerusalem and begin the arduous work of building God’s dwelling place. Their neighbors did not want them to build the temple so God sent prophets like Zechariah to speak a message of hope to God’s people: that God would one day set up a new and better kingdom with a new and better King. God’s people rebuilt the temple so they would have a place to worship God. But this work ultimately points to their place of rest—when God will dwell IN his people through His Spirit. The goal was not the temple; it was the Lord. God’s people may have been afraid of being in exile, but they could trust God was with them and they could trust in His promise to one day set them free. While God’s people were in exile, God sent the prophet Jeremiah to give them hope and to remind them that God was with them, that He is faithful, and that He can always be trusted.
Last week (February 12, 2023) in Unit 16 Session #4, we learned that GOD IS PRESENT WITH US as we read Isaiah 7.
- KEY PASSAGE: “The Lord your God is among you, a might warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you in His love. He will delight in you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 (CSB)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: Where is God? God is in all places at all times and is always with His people.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God is present with us. He sent prophets to His people, even in captivity, and promised to send Immanuel, which means “God with us.” Jesus fulfilled this promise when He came to earth and was born of a virgin. Jesus is our Immanuel, God with us.
This week (February 19, 2032) in Unit 17 Session 1, we learn that GOD DELIVERED HIS PEOPLE by reading Ezra 1.
- KEY PASSAGE: “Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.” Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: Can God be trusted? Yes, God cannot lie or ever be wrong, so we can trust whatever He has said.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God always keeps His promises. God chose to use King Cyrus in His plan to graciously deliver His people from exile. King Cyrus’ action to free the people reminds us of Jesus, whom God chose to rescue sinners and bring us to our true home in His kingdom of grace
See the Featured Image pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!