Hello Parents and Volunteers,
We’re starting Unit 19 this week! For the next 6 weeks or so, we will be learning about how Jesus was Prepared for Ministry.
Watch a 3 minute overview of Unit 19 here: https://youtu.be/sbUW5J3Vvw0
Last week (April 16, 2023) we finished Unit 18 and learned that WE SHOULD BE SORRY FOR SIN by reading Romans 8.
- KEY PASSAGE: “Godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret.” 2 Corinthians 7:10 (CSB)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: How should we feel when we sin? When we sin, we should feel sorry that we have disobeyed God and want to turn from our sin because we love Him.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: God’s Word is powerful. When Ezra read God’s Word, the people loved God more and changed their ways. The Bible says that Jesus is “the Word.” Jesus is God who came to live with people on earth. Jesus has the power to change our hearts.
This week (April 23, 2023) in Unit 19 Session 1, we will learn that JESUS WAS BORN by reading Matt 1, Luke 2, and/or John 1.
- KEY PASSAGE: “The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29 (ESV)
- BIG PICTURE QUESTION: What did Jesus do to save us? Jesus lived a sinless life, died on the cross, and rose from the dead.
- CHRIST CONNECTION: The birth of Jesus was good news! Jesus was not an ordinary baby. He is God’s Son, sent to earth from heaven. Jesus, the promised Savior, came into the world to show us what God is like and to deliver us from sin and death.
See the featured IMAGE pertaining to this coming week’s lesson with questions to discuss this with your children more!
Want to help your child learn the Old Testament books of the Bible? Check it out: Old Testament Books of the Bible Song.
If you’re interested in following up The Gospel Project learning at home, please go to www.ministrygrid.lifeway.com. Use this email (email@example.com) and this password (NC4kidsrock!). Each week there will be videos and suggestions for At Home Access!
As we dig into God’s word, we see His great story, learn more and more about His consistent character, and experience His GREAT love for us!